- This event has passed.
Kang-o-meerteek Sculptures Launch
November 10 @ 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm| Free
Join us to celebrate the opening of the Kang-o-meerteek sculptures!
On Saturday 10 November, we will be unveiling both the major Indigenous sculpture at Whalers Lookout, Mt Clay and the whale sculpture at the Narrawong Recreation Reserve.
TICKET REGISTRATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 9 NOVEMBER
Schedule for the day: Saturday 10 November
- 3.00 – 5.45pm: Public viewing of the sculpture at the Narrawong Recreation Reserve (no ticket required, look for the signs).
- 4.00 – 5.45pm: Buses transport ticket-holders from Narrawong Recreation Reserve to Mt Clay. Viewing of the sculpture at the Whalers Lookout.
- 6.30 – 7.30pm: Official opening ceremony at the Sawpit Picnic Area, Mt Clay.
- 7.30 – 8.30pm: Musical entertainment.
- 7.30 – 9:30pm: Buses transport ticket-holders back to Narrawong Recreation Reserve.
- You need a ticket to attend the opening ceremony at Mt Clay. Admission is free, but places are limited. Book your tickets here. (Tickets are not required to view the sculpture at the Narrawong Recreation Reserve.)
- On the day, no public parking will be permitted at the Sawpit Picnic Area or surrounds. Public parking will be available at the Narrawong Recreation Reserve only. All ticket holders will be transported to and from Mt Clay by bus.
- The launch is an alcohol-free, family-friendly event.
What happens if I miss out on tickets for the launch?
You will be able to visit the sculptures any time from Sunday 11 November onwards. There will also be an historic photographic installation to see around town that week.